Greetings...Books must state ON OUR SHELVES NOW for same day in store pick-up. We recommend calling (415-495-2992) to verify low stock numbers.
A Comedy of Terrors: A Flavia Albia Novel (Flavia Albia Series #9) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 9 in the Flavia Albia Series series.
- #1: The Ides of April: A Flavia Albia Mystery (Flavia Albia Series #1) (Paperback): $19.99
- #2: Enemies at Home: A Flavia Albia Novel (Flavia Albia Series #2) (Paperback): $21.99
- #3: Deadly Election: A Flavia Albia Mystery (Flavia Albia Series #3) (Paperback): $19.99
- #5: The Third Nero: A Flavia Albia Novel (Flavia Albia Series #5) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #6: Pandora's Boy: A Flavia Albia Novel (Flavia Albia Series #6) (Hardcover): $27.99
- #7: A Capitol Death: A Flavia Albia Novel (Flavia Albia Series #7) (Hardcover): $27.99
- #8: The Grove of the Caesars: A Flavia Albia Novel (Flavia Albia Series #8) (Hardcover): $27.99
- #10: Desperate Undertaking: A Flavia Albia Novel (Flavia Albia Series #10) (Hardcover): $27.99
"Melds scrupulous research, arch banter, caustic characters, and strong plotting...Flavia Albia is delightful, trickster-y company to spend time with." -- New York Times Book Review
In Rome, 89 A.D., poisonings, murders, and a bloody gang war of retribution breaks out during the festival of Saturnalia, and when her husband, Tiberius, becomes a target, it's time for Flavia Albia to take matters into her own hands -- in Lindsey Davis’s next historical mystery, A Comedy of Terrors.
Flavia Albia, daughter and successor of private informer Marcus Didius Falco is twiddling her thumbs with no clients during the December festival of Saturnalia. But that doesn't mean all is quiet. Her husband Tiberius and the Fourth Cohort are battling organized crime interests that are going to war over the festival nuts. A series of accidental poisonings, then bloody murders of rival nut-sellers, and finally a gruesome warning to Tiberius from the hidden criminal powers to back off.
Albia has had just about enough and combines forces with Tiberius to uncover the hidden criminal gangs trying to worm their way into the establishment at a banquet of the emperor Domitian.
About the Author
Lindsey Davis was born and raised in Birmingham, England. After taking an English degree at Oxford and working for the civil service for thirteen years, she “ran away to be a writer.” Her internationally bestselling novels featuring ancient Roman detective Marcus Didius Falco include Venus in Copper, The Iron Hand of Mars, Nemesis and Alexandria. She is also the author of Rebels and Traitors, set during the English Civil War. Davis is the recipient of the Crime Writers’ Association Cartier Diamond Dagger Award, the highest accolade for crime writers, as well as the Ellis Peters Historical Dagger Award and the Authors' Club Best First Novel award.